Extending IPE Reach Through Leadership Development (More Stealth IPE)
Seminar participants will be able to:
- Apply steps for building an IP Leadership Fellows program to enhance IPE activities to expand opportunities for faculty development and bridge clinical enterprise to promote IP practice
- Apply strategies to upskill faculty and graduate students to support IPE activities across a diverse academic healthcare organization.
- Build faculty and student partnerships for IPE program development and create opportunities for expanding scholarship to contribute to growth of IP learning resources
How Summit theme will be addressed, highlighting , Innovations in Interprofessional Learning: In Practice and/or Education
We will present our innovative roadmap involving collaborative teamwork between faculty and students to develop engaging interprofessional learning experiences across a large, complex academic enterprise. We will discuss how faculty and students can collaborate, lead, and advocate, to increase program participation and contribute to building IPE initiatives.
Outline of the seminar
We will discuss:
- Steps to creating a faculty IP Leadership Fellows program to enhance IPE activities for both student learners and to expand opportunities for faculty development.
- Strategies for recruitment of faculty and graduate students to act as preceptors for IPE activities.
- Building a program of graduate student scholarship to contribute to growth of IP learning resources
- Creating faculty and student partnerships for IP program development
Skills and practical knowledge intended for the participants to gain
- Key elements to include in a Faculty Fellows program curriculum
- Steps to developing Faculty Fellows teams
- Building a pool of preceptors for your IP activities
- Recruitment of graduate students to contribute to your programs
- Strategies for Management of Faculty/Student case development teams
We will use active learning strategies. Zoom interactivity features will be used (i.e. polling, breakout rooms, chat box discussion, etc.)
In support of improving patient care, this activity is planned and implemented by The National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education Office of Interprofessional Continuing Professional Development (OICPD). The OICPD is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
This activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners will receive Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credit for learning and change.
Physicians: The National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education designates this live activity for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Physician Assistants: The American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) accepts credit from organizations accredited by the ACCME.
Nurses: Participants will be awarded contact hours of credit for attendance at this workshop.
Nurse Practitioners: The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program (AANPCP) accepts credit from organizations accredited by the ACCME and ANCC.
Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians: This activity is approved for contact hours.
IPCE: This activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners will receive Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change